Why visit a Trail Town?
Whether you are a serious athlete or a family looking for some adventurous activities, here are some reasons why you should visit one of our official Trail Towns.
Benefits for you:
- You can rest assured that you will have quality information of each route and where not signposted, can download the GPX file for FREE from the town’s website to safely navigate with your smart phone or GPS devise.
- You will visit a town that is working hard to cater for you the tourist and to make your experience around visiting the outdoor routes, a pleasant one.
- You can rest assured that the local clubs and organizations are trying their best to promote responsible trail use and to maintain trails with the resources at their disposal.
- You are likely to find a proud and friendly local trail community that will welcome you with open arms.
Benefits for the Trail Town from your visit:
- By spending your money in the town (by means of accommodation, eating at restaurants, shopping, etc.) you will be supporting the local economy and make a difference in people’s lives.
- This will support skills development and job creation.
- It will lead to better trail maintenance and a larger variety of trails being established, in turn attracting more tourism.
Benefits to local clubs and organizations:
- More trail users will help local mountain biking, trail running and hiking clubs grow and help them to achieve their goals within their community.
- This will lead to an all round healthier community as locals also benefit from the spin-off from tourism.
Benefits to the Green Sport Foundation non-profit:
- The Green Sport Foundation aims to give as many people as possible access to the benefits of nature sport -and recreation activities, in a responsible manner. As we build the My Trail Town network and local government start investing in their town’s tourism promotion efforts, we will also benefit as we build this global community of likeminded people and towns. Thanks for supporting us, we appreciate it.